Ortho® Beetle B Gon Max™ Beetle Killer
Overview & Benefits
Japanese beetles attacking your ornamentals and leaving big holes in the leaves? Stop beetles by applying Ortho® Beetle B Gon® MAX Beetle Killer! It’s made with a natural active ingredient that is a live, soil-borne organism, and controls a variety of beetles, including Japanese beetles, June beetles and chafers. As beetles eat the foliage, they also ingest the active ingredient, and then die over a period of days. Bonus point: the product does not adversely affect butterflies, bees, and other insects, if used according to instructions.
Pairs Nicely With
- Product Specs
- Controls a number of beetle species
- Can be applied on foliage and on soil near the plants
- Does not adversely affect beese, butterifles, ladybugs, if used according to instructions
- Easy to mix
- Shelf stable, no refrigeration required
How to use
The product can be used in 2 ways:
a) For foliar application to control adult beetles (Japanese beetle, Asiatic garden beetle, Oriental beetle and Rose chafer) on ornamental landscape plants. The product can be applied with a trigger, hand-held, backpack, hose-end, or other suitable sprayers.
- Fill the sprayer partially with clean water
- Add the specified rate of Ortho® Beetle B Gon Max™ Beetle Killer (as shown in the table below) to the sprayer.
- Close the sprayer filler opening
- Vigorously shake the sprayer to ensure a uniform dispersion in the spray tank water
- Apply in sufficient water to thoroughly wet the plant foliage while avoiding excessive runoff.
- Repeat as needed (usually weekly) until the beetles are gone.
- Note: Multiple treatments may be needed if beetles fly in from neighbouring properties.
b) As a soil surface drench application to control beetle grubs (Japanese beetle, Asiatic garden beetle, European chafer, Green June beetle, Northern masked chafer, May or June beetles, Oriental beetle, Southern masked chafer) attacking roots of ornamental landscape plants.
- Mix product as per table above
- Thoroughly soak all of the soil surface above the plant roots requiring protection from the grubs.
- Immediately after application, irrigate the treated soil surface area to drench Ortho® Beetle B Gon Max™ Beetle Killer into the root zone of the plants requiring protection.
|Required Spray Volume||Ortho® Beetle B Gon Max™ Beetle Killer Rate Range|
|0.5 litre||7.5-15 Grams|
|5.0 litres||75-150 Grams|
|50 litres||750-1500 Grams|
Where to use
For control of susceptible beetle grubs in or on ornamental landscape plants in home settings.
Where not to use
- DO NOT apply to any body of water.
- DO NOT contaminate irrigation or drinking water supplies or aquatic habitats by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.
- Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty.
When to apply
Beetle B Gon should be used in June-July, when beetles emerge, and if they are still present - in August
How often to apply
The low rate should be used at the time of first adult emergence from the soil. The high rate of application should be used within 7 days after first adult emergence or during peak beetle flight and each 7 days thereafter until the infestation subsides. When in doubt, use the high rate.
Control beetle grubs (Japanese beetle, Asiatic garden beetle, European chafer, Green June beetle, Northern masked chafer, May or June beetles, Oriental beetle, Southern masked chafer) attacking roots of ornamental landscape plants.
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly. To contact us, visit our Help Center.
|Area to be treated||Recommended Spray Volume||Ortho® Beetle B Gon Max™ Beetle Killer Rate Range|
|1 square metre||0.5 litre||1.25-1.95 Grams|
|10 square metres||5.0 litres||12.5-19.5 Grams|
|100 square metres||50 litres||125-195 Grams|
15 mL (1 Tablespoon) = 8 Grams
If used inappropriately, any pest control product, including those with natural ingredients, may have health, safety or environmental risks: use this product only in accordance with label instructions
DO NOT reuse the empty containers. Dispose in household garbage. Unused or partially used products should be disposed at provincially or municipally designated hazardous waste disposal sites.
IMPORTANT: See inside pamphlet for complete Directions for Use (including mixing & application directions), Environmental Precautions, Storage & Disposal.
What to Expect
After eating the treated soil or plant roots, susceptible beetle grubs will stop feeding and then die over a period of days.
Ready to use, no dilution or mixing is required.