At Ortho, protecting your home is essential. But we believe it’s important to respect nature’s habitat, too. We're in pursuit of a greener world that benefits all living things, and we make it our purpose to help you GroMoreGood™ in nature and beyond.
Kids today spend less time outside than any other generation. That’s why, in collaboration with the ScottsMiracle-Gro Foundation, we’re committed to bringing the powerful benefits of gardening and outdoor play to 10 million kids by 2023. It's also why we're working to reduce our environmental impact, ensure a responsible supply chain, and foster a more engaged and diverse workforce—we want to make sure this generation, and the next, has a world of safe green spaces to come. Learn how we GroMoreGood.
More Pollinator-Friendly Spaces
Ortho & the Pollinator Stewardship Council have created Bee Responsible, an ongoing campaign to raise awareness around the important role pollinators play. Without these essential birds, bugs, and other creatures, many plants can’t reproduce. Additionally, with the support of our Foundation, we’ve created 152,460 square feet of pollinator habitats across the country.
Ortho & the Environment
Our pollinators need protecting, but we’re also concerned about the safety of all species. Learn more about the steps we take to protect our planet while keeping your home, kids, and pets secure.
Together, Let’s GroMoreGood
Alongside our Foundation, each ScottsMiracle-Gro brand works to GroMoreGood™. That means encouraging kids to enjoy the outdoors while also helping to protect nature and all its beings.
“We want to offer solutions for a holistic approach to pest management in and around your home, so you have a choice in how to tame nature's wild side.”
— Paula Powell, Ph.D., Director, R&D - Controls and HGC Nutrition
Giving Back at Scotts Miracle-Gro
Many of our associates enjoy growing good for their communities, as well as each other. Both in the garden and outside of it, here are some of the ways the Scotts Miracle-Gro team takes care of others.
- Our associates grow fresh food in the Associate Gardens at our Marysville, Ohio campus to give to local food pantries. To date, we’ve donated over 38,000 pounds of produce.
- Through our "Green for Jeans" initiative, we’ve generated more than $430,000 in associate contributions and helped more than 250 fellow coworkers in need.
- Our associates use two annual paid days off to volunteer in community gardens, build houses, mentor students, or beautify their communities, among other causes. In 2020, we provided more than 94,000 hours.
- We find common ground in associate-led groups, including the Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employees Network, Scotts Veterans Network, Scotts Young Professionals, and GroPride.
Contributing During COVID-19 at Scotts Miracle-Gro
Staying close to home inspired a huge interest in gardening. Many of our employees put themselves on the front line to help get products to you, as well as PPE to first-responders. Here’s how we helped.
- At our facility in Temecula, California, we produced more than 737,401 protective face shields for first responders in critical need areas.
- We expedited shipment of our custom growing media mix for Medicago, a company working to develop a plant-based COVID-19 vaccine.
- Our R&D and safety teams produced hand sanitizer for our U.S. sales and manufacturing associates during the shortage.
- We donated emergency relief funds to hard-hit community organizations and provided flexibility to existing grantees to use funding for the most urgent needs in their neighborhoods.
- We provided premium pay for our frontline workers, amounting to 150 percent of many workers’ normal hourly rates.