Ortho® Bug B-gon™ Lawn & Landscape Insect Killer Ready-to-Spray
Overview & Benefits
Ortho® Bug B-gon™ Lawn & Landscape Insect Killer Ready-to-Spray kills insects outdoors before they come inside. The formula starts killing within minutes and works as an ant killer, flea killer, mosquito killer, and tick killer. It also works on mites, wasps, termites, spiders and other listed insects (see product label for the complete list). Use to kill insects and protect your lawn, landscaping, flower and vegetable gardens, as well as around your home foundation. Ortho® Bug B-gon™ Lawn & Landscape Insect Killer Ready-to-Spray protects against spiders outdoors for 6 months (excluding black widow, brown recluse, hobo).
Apply to your lawn and landscape at first sight of insect activity. To use, simply connect the sprayer to a garden hose, turn on water, and slide lever to "on." Always allow treated areas to dry before people and pets re-enter. One 32-oz. bottle treats up to 5,300 sq. ft. of lawns; up to 2,700 sq. ft. of roses, other ornamentals, home vegetable gardens, melons, and fruit and nut trees; and up to 1,400 sq. ft. of foundation/perimeter.
Pairs Nicely With
- Product Specs
- Protect your lawn, landscape and garden with Ortho® Bug B-gon™ Lawn & Landscape Insect Killer Ready-to-Spray; kills 235 insects, including ants, fleas, ticks and spiders before they come inside
- KILLS BY CONTACT: Lawn and landscape insect killer starts killing within minutes; plus it starts to kill carpenter ants, harvester ants, oriental and German cockroaches immediately
- OUTDOOR BUG KILLER: Provides long-lasting control of spiders outdoors for 6 months (excluding black widow, brown recluse, hobo)
- VERSATILE FORMULA: Can be used on your lawn, ornamentals, home perimeter, trees, shrubs and listed vegetables and fruit trees; one 32-oz. bottle will treat up to 5,300 sq. ft.
- EASY TO USE: Simply connect to your garden hose, turn on the water, and slide the lever to “on“; people and pets may enter treated areas after spray has dried
How to use
- Shake well and then connect the sprayer on the Ortho® Bug B-gon™ Lawn & Landscape Insect Killer Ready-to-Spray bottle to a garden hose.
- Turn on the water.
- To BEGIN spraying, slide lever to “ON” position. Spray evenly, wetting both sides of leaves and branches. If the foliage is dense, try to spray to penetrate the leaves.
- Slide lever to “OFF” when you are done.
- Turn the water off.
- Relieve water pressure by sliding lever to “WATER” position. After water slows to a drip, slide lever to “OFF” position.
- Disconnect sprayer from hose.
- To keep insects from entering the house, spray a 2 foot band of soil around the foundation. Also spray the foundation of the house to a height of 2 feet.
Where to use
- Use on residential lawns, ornamentals, flower beds, shrubs, small trees, fruit trees, roses, tomatoes, sweet corn, green peas, sugar snap peas, snow peas, green beans (wax beans, snap beans), dry beans (black-eyed peas, cow pea), cucumber, gourds, muskmelon, pumpkin, squash, watermelon, broccoli, Chinese broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kohlrabi, mustard greens, eggplant, head lettuce, peppers (bell and non-bell), and along the home foundations, porches, patios, and stored lumber.
- Treat the entire lawn, not just the browned areas.
- All outdoor applications must be limited to spot and crack-and-crevice treatments only, except for the following permitted uses: Treatment to soil or vegetation around structures; Application to lawns, turf, and other vegetation; Application to building foundations, up to a maximum height of 3 feet.
- Other than applications to building foundations, all outdoor applications to hard surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, patios, porches and structural surfaces (e.g., windows, doors, and eaves) are limited to spot and crack-and-crevice applications only.
Where not to use
- Do not make applications in the rain.
- Firewood should not be treated.
- Application directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur is prohibited. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
- Do not treat hard surfaces (e.g., driveways, sidewalks) unless the surface is protected from rainfall and spray from sprinklers.
When to apply
- Apply when insects first appear and the air is calm to avoid drift.
- If temperature is expected to exceed 85° F, spray in early morning or late afternoon when it is cooler.
How often to apply
- Reapply to vegetable gardens, melons, and fruit & nut trees as necessary to maintain control. (Waiting at least 7 days between each application.)
- Reapply to roses, flowers, shrubs, and small trees as necessary, waiting 7 to 14 days between each application. Hard to control insects may require 2 to 3 applications.
- Reapply every 14 days, as necessary, around house foundations, porches, patios, & stored lumber (excluding firewood).
- Wait 4-6 weeks between making new applications to the lawn.
Adelgids (Eastern Sprucegall), Ants (Argentine, Carpenter, Harvester, Imported Fire, Lasius, Odorous House, Pavement, Pharaoh/Sugar, Pyramid), Aphids (Apple, Black Cherry, Black Pecan, Buckhorn, Greenbug, Pea, Root, Rose, Rosy Apple, Walnut, Yellow Pecan), Bees, Beetles (Bean Leaf, Billbugs (Bluegrass), Cucumber (Banded, Spotted & Striped), Black Turfgrass Ataenius, Blister, Brown Leaf Notcher, Carpet, Colorado Potato, Corn Rootworm Larvae (Mexican, Northern, Southern, & Western), Curculio (Cow Pea & Plum), Elm Leaf, Flea (Black, Dichondra, & Sweetpotato), Ground, Japanese Adult, Ladybeetles, Mexican Bean, Pine Chafer, Pine Shoot, Red Flour, Rose Chafer, Sap, Southern Corn Leaf, Weevils (Annual Bluegrass, Black Vine, Blue Green Citrus Root, Carrot, Cranberry, Diaprepes Root, Little Leaf Notcher, Northern Pine, Orchard, Orchid, Pea Leaf, Pecan, Pepper, Pine Shoot, & Sweetpotato), Whitefringed), Borers (American Plum, Common Stalk, European Corn, Hop Vine, Lesser Peachtree, Peach Twig, Peachtree, Southern Corn, Southwestern Corn, Squash Vine, Stalk), Boxelder Bug, Caterpillars (Alfalfa, Alfalfa Looper, Armyworm (Beet, Fall, Southern, True, & Yellowstriped), Bagworms, Blueberry Spanworm, Budworm, Casebearers (Pecan Leaf & Pecan Nut), Celery Leaftier, Corn Earworm (same as Tomato Fruitworm), Cross-Striped, Cabbageworm, Cutworms (Black & Western Bean), Filbertworm, Fruitworms (Cranberry, Green, & Tomato), Green Cloverworm, Hickory Shuckworm, Imported Cabbageworm, Loopers (Cabbage & Celery), Melonworm, Navel Orangeworm, Orange Tortrix, Painted Lady, Pickleworm, Rindworm, Saltmarsh, Tent, Hornworms (Tobacco & Tomato), Tomato Pinworm, Webworms (Fall, Mimosa, Oak, & Sod), Velvetbean), Centipedes, Chinch Bugs (False, Hairy, Southern), Cockroaches (American, Asian, Brown Banded, German, Smoky Brown), Crickets, Earwigs, Fleas (Cat, Dog), Fleahoppers, Flies (Apple Maggot, Biting Flies, Cherry Fruit, Cornsilk, European Crane, House, Walnut Husk), Fungus Gnats, Grasshoppers, Hornets, Lace Bugs, Leaffooted Bugs, Squash Bug, Leafhoppers (Aster/California, Corn, Eastern Grape, Glassy Winged, Sharpshooter, Potato, Southern Garden, Western Grape), Leafminers (Alder, Boxwood, Holly, Oak, Spruce Needle, Tentiform, Vegetable), Leafrollers (Oblique Banded, Red-Banded, Variegated), Mealybugs, Midges, Millipedes, Mites (Banks Grass, Broad, Carmine, Chigger, Clover, European, Grain, Pacic Spider, Pecan Leaf Scorch, Pecan Scorch, Red Spider, Spider, Spruce, Two-Spotted Spider), Mole Crickets, Mosquitos* (Malaria, Northern House, Yellowfever, *including those that may transmit the Chikungunya virus, yellow fever, dengue fever, encephalitis, West Nile Virus, and Zika Virus), Moths (Artichoke Plume, Codling, Diamondback, Gypsy, Lucerne, Oriental Fruit, Zimmerman Pine), Periodical Cicadas, Pillbugs & Rollie Pollies, Plant Bugs (Tarnished), Lygus Bugs, Phylloxera (Pecan Leaf, Pecan), Psyllids, Sawies (European Pine, Redheaded Pine, Rose Slug), Scales (Brown Soft, California Red, Euonymus, Pine Needle, San Jose), Scorpions, Sowbugs, Spiders (Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Daddy Long Legs, Hobo, Pirate, Wolf), Spittlebugs (Meadow), Pecan, Stink Bugs (Brown Marmorated, Kudzu), Springtails, Termites, Thrips, Ticks* (American Dog, Brown Dog, Deer *including ticks that may transmit Lyme disease), Treehoppers (Threecornered Alfalfa Hopper), Wasps, Whiteies, Wireworms (Corn, Southern Potato), Yellowjackets
- This product is extremely toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow this pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutter or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area.
- Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid runoff to water bodies or drainage systems.
- Drift and runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas. Care should be used when spraying to avoid fish and reptile pets in/around ornamental ponds.
- This product is highly toxic to bees when exposed to direct treatment of residues on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow drift to blooming crops if bees are visiting the treatment area.
- Provides up to 2,700 sq. ft. of coverage for roses, flowers, shrubs, small trees, vegetable gardens, melons, and fruit & nut trees.
- Provides up to 1,400 sq. ft. of coverage for foundations and perimeters.
- Provides up to 5,300 sq. ft. of coverage for lawns.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- If the product gets inside of a user's clothing/personal protection equipment (PPE), remove the materials immediately, wash thoroughly, and put on clean clothing.
- Causes moderate eye irritation. Harmful if swallowed.
- Keep this container from freezing.
- Always store in the original container which should be kept in an area that is inaccessible to children.
- Do not water the treated area to the point of runoff.
- Food utensils such as spoons and measuring cups must not be used for food purposes after use with pesticides.
- If empty: This is a nonrefillable container. Do not reuse, instead place in the trash or offer for recycling (if available).
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place any unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Kids & Pets
People and pets may re-enter the area after it has dried.
Applications should be made to a lawn that has been mowed within 24 hours. Wait 2-3 days after applying to resume mowing.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Do not apply in or on electrical equipment due to the possibility of shock hazard.
- To control carpenter ants, spray the entire bottle evenly across 1,400 sq. ft.
- When treating potted plants also lightly spray the soil surface.
- For pest control on outside surfaces and around buildings: Applications to hard vertical surfaces outdoors (e.g., foundations) are permitted to a maximum height of 3 feet above the ground. Sections of hard vertical surfaces that join to hard at surfaces outdoors can only be treated if either 1) these sections are protected from rainfall and spray from sprinklers, or, 2) the hard at surfaces they touch do not drain into a sewer, storm drain, or curbside gutter.
- Perimeter treatment: For sections of foundation that join to hard at surfaces, the treated areas must be protected from rainfall and spray from sprinklers unless those hard at surfaces do not drain into a sewer, storm drain, or curbside gutter.
- Applications should be made to a lawn that has been watered within the past 24 hours.
- If treating a lawn for mole crickets, water thoroughly immediately after applying.
What to Expect
- Starts working immediately
- Kills over 235 listed insects
- Provides 6-months of protection (from outdoor spiders (excluding black widow, brown recluse, hobo))