Ortho® Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray
Overview & Benefits
This product is great to control insects, diseases, and mites on your fruit and nut trees. Ortho® Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray can even be used up to the day of harvest. It kills eggs, as well as larval and adult stages of insects, and it provides control of insect pests including aphids, mealybugs, mites, scales, whiteflies, beetles, and other listed pests.
Pairs Nicely With
- Product Specs
- Controls insects, diseases and mites
- Kills eggs, as well as larval and adult stages of insects
- Prevents fungal attack of plant tissues
- Provides control of listed insect pests including aphids, mealybugs, mites, scale, whiteflies, beetles and many more
- For use on fruit and nut trees and ornamentals
- Kills insect stages, including eggs, larvae and adult. Controls aphids, mealybugs, mites, scale, whiteflies, beetles and other listed insects
- Can be used up to day of harvest
How to use
- Thoroughly mix the solution
- Spray all plant leaf surfaces (including the underside of leaves) until they are completely wet.
- Excessive application is unnecessary and to be avoided.
- Shake well before, and during, use.
Where to use
Use on fruits, nuts, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, houseplants, flowers, and shrubs.
Where not to use
- Do not apply to wilted or otherwise stressed plants.
- Applications should not be made to newly transplanted material prior to root establishment.
- Do not apply to known spray sensitive plant species such as: impatiens flowers, fuchsia flowers, hibiscus flowers, some rose flowers, ornamental olive trees, red maples, some carnation varieties or similar plants without prior testing.
- Do not use in food handling areas.
- Do not use in outdoor residential misting systems.
- Applications should not be made in the rain.
When to apply
- Can be used up to the day of the harvest.
- Ortho® Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray is the most effective when it's applied early to mid-morning or late in the afternoon.
- Applications should be made at the first sign of listed insects/mites.
How often to apply
As a Disease Preventative
Apply Ortho® Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray on a 7-to-14-day schedule until the potential for disease development is no longer present.
For Disease Control
Apply Ortho® Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray on a 7-day schedule until disease pressure is eliminated. Then continue spraying on a 14-day schedule to prevent the disease from recurring.
For Preventing Leaf Spot Diseases, Anthracnose, and Scab
Apply at the first sign of spring budding.
To Prevent Powdery Mildew
Apply in mid-summer or when disease is first detected.
For Controlling Brown Patch and Dollar Spot
Begin spraying at the first sign of disease on a 7-to-14 day interval.
To Treat Snow Mold
Begin spraying on a 14-day interval in the fall before the first snow. Continue applications until the disease pressure no longer exists.
To Treat for Listed Insects/Mites
Apply Ortho® Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray on a 7-to-14 day schedule. For heavy insect populations, spray on a 7-day schedule.
Prevents and controls various fungal diseases including Powdery Mildew, Black Spot, Brown Spot, Dollar Spot, Snow Mold, Downy Mildew, Anthracnose, Rust, Leaf Spot, Botrytis, Needle Rust, Scab and Flower, Twig and Top Blight.
Provides control of Aphids, Spider Mites, Scale, Mealybugs, Whiteflies, Beetles, Loopers, Leafminers, Leafrollers, Armyworms, Webworms, Weevils, Tent Caterpillars, Fungus Gnats, Leafhoppers, Cabbageworms, Squash Bugs, Squash Vine Borer, Stink Bugs, Thrips, Tomato Hornworm, Lace Bugs, Boxelder Bugs, Grasshoppers, Crickets, Ants (except Carpenter, Harvester, Pharaoh, and Fire), Earwigs, and Chinch Bugs.
This pesticide is toxic to aquatic organisms including fish and invertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help to avoid runoff to water bodies and drainage systems.
This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are foraging in the treatment area.
The Ortho® Guarantee: If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us your original proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price. For more help, visit our Help Center.
Harmful if inhaled. Avoid breathing vapor or spray mist. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
Do not use or store near heat or open flame.
When using in conjunction with beneficial insects, conduct a small trial to assure compatibility before using on a large scale.
Do not add adjuvants (spreaders, stickers, extenders, etc).
Do not reuse or refill this container.
Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If Partly Filled:
Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Kids & Pets
People and pets should not enter the treated area until the spray has dried.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Use the spray solution within several hours of preparation for maximum effectiveness.
For optimal performance, do not apply under cold ambient temperatures (less than 45°F).
If the product thickens (freezes) before using, place in a warm room (greater than 45°F) for a few days or in warm water (120°F) for 2 to 8 hours until completely thawed.
Do not use partially thawed material.
What to Expect
- Controls listed insects, diseases, & mites.
- Prevents fungal attack of plant tissues.
Mix Ortho® Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray Concentrate at the rate of 2 tbsp. (1 fl. oz.) per gallon of water.
For optimal performance, do not mix with cold water.