Scarecrow® Motion-Activated Animal Deterrent
Overview & Benefits
Tired of battling deer, cats, raccoons, squirrels and rabbits? Stop animals from invading gardens and ponds with ScareCrow® Motion-Activated Animal Deterrent. Guaranteed effective from day one, this smart ScareCrow® uses a startling, yet harmless, blast of water to keep deer and other destructive animals at bay. The original motion-activated deterrent protects day and night, all season long.
- Product Specs
One ScareCrow® protects 1,200 sq. ft.. Connect additional ScareCrow®'s in series for even more coverage.
How to use
Start With The Owners Manual: Below is an adaptation of the set up instructions in your Owners Manual. However, we recommend using your Owners Manual during setup because it includes additional details, diagrams and illustrations. You can download the Owners Manual now by clicking on the "View Label" link at the bottom of this page.
- Examine Contents: Examine the contents of the ScareCrow® package. Your package includes: Owners Manual, Sprinkler Head, Sensor Housing, Stake Top, Stake Bottom, ScareCrow® Decal Sheet (Optional), Flow Through Cap
- Install Battery: Open battery cover and install 9 volt battery (battery not included). The battery cover is located under the Sensor Housing.
- Run Dry Test: Check that ScareCrow® is functioning properly by running a "Dry Test". In running a dry test, do not connect the ScareCrow® to a water supply. First, turn the sensitivity knob to 4 or 5. Next, wave your hand in front of the sensor lens. You should easily hear the ScareCrow®'s internal water valve click open, then click closed 3 seconds later. You may need to wait up to 1 minute for your ScareCrow® to warm up and learn its environment.
- Assemble ScareCrow®: First, assemble Stake Bottom to Stake Top, making sure that the hose connection on the Stake Top is positioned directly next to the Stake Bottom illustrated here. Next, attach Stake to Sensor Housing. Finally, attach Sensor Housing to Sprinkler Head. These fittings should only be hand tightened.
- Connect to Hose: Connect hose and position the ScareCrow®. Aim the ScareCrow® towards the area you want to protect. Do not push on the Sensor Housing or Sprinkler Head.
- Set Sensitivity: Turn the sensitivity knob on. To increase or decrease the ScareCrow®'s sensitivity, use these settings:
Small Animals: 6-7 for a 10 ft. Detection | 7-9 for 20 ft. Detection
Medium Animals: 3-4 for 10 ft. Detection | 5-6 for 20 ft. Detection | 7-9 for 30 ft. Detection
Large Animals: 2-3 for 10 ft. Detection | 4-5 for 20 ft. Detection | 6-9 for 30 ft. Detection
- Confirm Sensing Area: Start outside your desired coverage area and work your way inwards. The ScareCrow®'s sprinkler will activate once it detects you.
- Adjust Water Coverage: To set the arc and distance of the ScareCrow®'s water spray please refer to the Owners Manual.
ScareCrow® can be used to keep animals away from vegetable gardens,flower gardens,ornamentals,trees,shrubs,lawns and other locations in your yard. You can use multiple ScareCrow®'s in series to protect your whole yard.
Limited Two Year Warranty: If you encounter any problems while assembling your ScareCrow®, please refer to the Troubleshooting section of your manual, or in the US call us at 1-800-225-2883. In Canada call 1-800-668-5669. For additional details, please refer to the warranty card on Page 10 of your user manual. For more help, visit our Help Center.
Chemical-free animal deterrent
- Startling-but-harmless burst of water keeps unwanted animals out of gardens, yards, and ponds
- Deters unwanted deer, cats, raccoons, skunks, squirrels, and rabbits
- Hooks up in minutes with a standard garden hose
- Works day and night for up to six months on a single 9-volt battery
- Protects up to 1,200 sq. ft.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Intended to operate between 30 and 80 psi (2-5.5 Bar). Install a pressure-reducing valve on tap if your water pressure exceeds 80 psi. Opening your tap part way does NOT change the water pressure.
- Do not push down or apply weight on the Sensor Housing.
- Before disconnecting the unit or the hose, always turn water off and activate the unit with your hand to reduce line pressure in the hose.
- To prevent damage from freezing water, take the ScareCrow® inside and remove the battery before the first winter frost.
- Dust, dirt or hard water build-up on the white lens will limit sensitivity. Keep the lens clean by wiping gently with a damp cloth.
- The eye of the ScareCrow® decal may frighten small birds.
- To minimize false triggering, avoid pointing at moving water, windy areas and moving vehicles.