Ortho® GroundClear® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate1
Overview & Benefits
Use Ortho® GroundClear® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate1 to kill 175 different weed and grass types including crabgrass, dandelion, nutsedge, and oxalis. The quick-kill, dual-action formula starts working immediately. One ingredient kills on contact while the other penetrates deep into the plant to kill all the way down to the roots. Sprayed weeds usually begin to wilt within hours after being treated, with weeds completely killed in 1 to 2 weeks.
Apply this powerful weed and grass killer around landscape areas, patios, walkways and driveways. A single application controls most listed weeds. Rainfall or watering 15 minutes after application will not reduce the effectiveness of this powerful weed control. Easily apply to weeds and unwanted grasses with an Ortho® tank sprayer. When mixed as directed, each 32-oz. bottle of concentrate creates 6.4 gallons of weed and grass killer to treat up to 2,240 sq. ft.
Pairs Nicely With
- Product Specs
- The dual action formula of Ortho® GroundClear® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate1 kills even the toughest types of weeds and grasses by working on contact for fast results while moving down to the roots
- FAST-ACTING: Weeds start to wilt within hours and completely die in 1-2 weeks with this quick kill formula that is rainfast 15 minutes after it's applied
- MAXIMUM CONTROL: This product starts to work on contact as it is absorbed into the plant and works through its system to kill weeds right down to the root
- EASY TO APPLY: Mix concentrate with water in a tank sprayer to treat landscape areas, patios, walkways, and driveways
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: A little concentrate provides a large area of coverage as just 5 fl. oz. of this Ortho® weed and grass killer mixed with only 1 gallon of water can treat up to 350 sq. ft.
How to use
- When you are ready to treat weeds, first gently shake the container of Ortho® GroundClear® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate1 to mix it.
- Next, pour the desired amount into a plastic, aluminum, or stainless steel tank sprayer. (Do not use a backpack sprayer.)
- For established and difficult to control weeds add 10 fl. oz. to 1 gal. of water.
- For weed control, add 5 fl. oz. to 1 gal. of water.
- Each gallon mixture makes enough treatment to cover up to 350 sq. ft
- Apply in a uniform pattern.
- Make sure to spray only the weeds you want to kill by thoroughly wetting the foliage but DO NOT spray in a way that will create runoff.
- After applying, clean the sprayer by rinsing it three times on bare soil or gravel.
Where to use
- Ortho® GroundClear® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate1 can be used to spot-treat weeds around perennial landscape plants, shrubs or trees. It can also be used across patios, walkways, driveways, gravel or mulch beds, and along fences or around buildings.
- It can also be used in broadcast applications when performing lawn renovations or preparing landscaped areas.
Where not to use
DO NOT spray this weed killer on or around food or feed crops. You should also not spray any plants you want to keep.
When to apply
To achieve the best results, apply when weeds are actively growing, the air is calm, and the temperature is above 60°F. Applying in calm weather when rain is not predicted for 24 hours will also help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area.
How often to apply
Do not make more than two broadcast applications per year.
Non Availability Regions
Alder, Aspen Quaking, Bahiagrass, Barley Wild, Bedstraw, Beggarweed, Beggarweed Creeping, Beggarweed Florida, Bermudagrass, Bentgrass, Bindweed Field, Blackberry Wild, Bluegrass, Bluegrass Annual, Bluegrass Kentucky, Brassbuttons, Broadleaf Signalgrass,Bromegrass, Bromegrass Smooth, Brownseed, Brome Downy, Bur clover, Buttercup, Buttercup Roughseed, Buttercup Tall, Carrot Wild (Queen Anne’s Lace), Catchy Nightowering, Cattail, Ceanothus, Centipedegrass, Chamomile Corn, Cheeseweed, Chickweed, Chickweed Common, Chickweed Mouseear, Clover, Clovers (Annual), Clover Red, Clover Sweet, Clover White, Cockle White, Cocklebur, Cogongrass, Coral bead, Crabgrass, Crabgrass Hairy, Crabgrass Large,Crabgrass Smooth, Crabgrass Southern, Crabgrass Tropical,Creeping Charlie, Cupgrass Prairie, Cupgrass Southwestern, Cupgrass Woolly, Cudweed Purple, Dallisgrass, Dandelion, Dandelion False, Dewberry, Dock Curly, Dog fennel (Cypressweed), Eveningprimrose, Eveningprimrose Common, Eveningprimrose Cutleaf, Fennel, Fescue species, Fescue Tall, Fiddleneck, Filaree, Foxtail, Foxtail Giant, Foxtail Green, Foxtail Yellow, Geranium Wild, Goosegrass, Groundsel Common, Guineagrass Seedling, Henbit, Horsenettle, Horseradish, Iceplant, Ironweed, Itchgrass, Johnsongrass, Johnsongrass Rhizome, Johnsongrass Seedling, Junglerice, Kikuyugrass, Knapweed, Knapweed Black, Knapweed Diuse, Knapweed Russian, Knapweed Spotted,Knawel,, Knotweed, Kochia, Ladysthumb, Lambsquarters, Lambsquarters Common, Lantana,Lettuce Prickly, Little Bitter Cress, London Rocket, Lovegrass Diuse, Mallow, Mallow Common, Mallow Venice, Marestail (Horseweed), Mayweed, Medic Black, Medic Blue, Milkweed, Morningglory Ivyleaf, Morningglory Tall, Morningglory Wild, Mullein Common, Mustard Blue, Mustard Tansy, Mustard Tumble, Mustard Wild, Nimblewill, Nutsedge (Nutgrass), Nutsedge yellow, Nutsedge purple, Oats wild, Oldenlandia, Orchardgrass, Oxalis, Oxalis yellow, Pampasgrass, Panicum Fall, Panicum Texas, Paspalum, Pennycress Field (Fanweed, Frenchweed, Stinkweed), Pennywort, Pigweed, Pigweed Prostrate, Pigweed Redroot (Carelessweed), Pigweed Rough, Pigweed Smooth, Pigweed Tumble, Plantain, Plantain Broadleaf, Plantain Buckhorn, Plantain common, Puncturevine, Purslane, Purslane Common, Pusley Florida, Quackgrass, Rabbitfootgrass, Ragweed, Ragweed Common, Ragweed Giant (Bualoweed), Ragwort Tansy, Sandbur Field, Sandbur Southern, Sandspur, Sesbania Hemp, Shattercane, Shepherdspurse, Sida Prickly (Teaweed), Smartweed, Smartweed Green, Smartweed Pennsylvania, Smartweed Swamp, Smooth Cat’s Ear, Sorghum almum, Sourdock, Sowthistle, Sowthistle Annual, Sowthistle Spiny, Sprangletop, Spurge, Spurge Garden, Spurge Leafy, Spurge Prostrate, Spurge Spotted, Starthistle Yellow, St. Augustine grass, Thistle Artichoke, Thistle Bull, Thistle Canada, Timothy, Toadax Blue, Torpedograss, Trumpetcreeper (Buckvine), Vaseygrass, Velvetleaf, Virginia Creeper, Whitetop, Wild Oats, Wild Proso Millet, Wirestem Muhly, Witchgrass, Yarrow, Yarrow Common
To protect the environment do not allow this product to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems. This product is toxic to plants and may adversely impact the forage and habitat of non-target organisms, including pollinators, in areas adjacent to the treated site. This pesticide is toxic to aquatic invertebrates.
Each gallon mixture makes enough treatment to cover up to 350 sq. ft
- 16 oz
- 32 oz
- 64 oz
- 1 gal
Avoid contact with skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. May cause eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes. Protective eyewear is strongly recommended when mixing and applying this product.
- If container is empty: The container is nonrefillable and should not be reused. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
- If container is partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Do not mow within 7 days before spraying. Then do not mow, cut or disturb treated vegetation for at least 7 days following application.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- When applying, use a cardboard or plastic shield to protect desirable plants. If desirable plants are accidentally sprayed, rinse them off immediately with plenty of water.
- Perennial landscape plants, trees, and shrubs can be planted 1 day after an application.
If soil in the area that is to be treated is dry, water every other day for a week before applying this weed killer.
What to Expect
- The dual-action formula kills all types of weeds and grasses. One ingredient works on contact for results in hours while the additional ingredients move down the weed, penetrating deep to kill down to the roots within days to 1-2 weeks.
- A single application controls most listed weeds.
- The treated area will be rainfast in 15 minutes.
- Add 10 fl. oz. (1-1/4 cups) to 1 gallon of water to treat established and difficult to control weeds,
- Add 5 fl. oz. (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) to 1 gallon of water for weed control.
- Diquat dibromide: 2.53%
- Fluazifop-P-butyl: 0.84%
- Dicamba, Dimethylamine salt: 0.67%