Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate + Crabgrass Control
Overview & Benefits
Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate + Crabgrass Control kills crabgrass, dandelions and other listed common lawn weeds to the root! When used as directed, you can kill over 200+ weeds without damaging your lawn. It starts working immediately!
Pairs Nicely With
- Product Specs
- Kills crabgrass, dandelions and other common lawn weeds
- Kills weeds to the roots
- Kills 200+ weeds
- Won’t harm the lawn (when used as directed)
- Starts working immediately
How to use
Applying with an Ortho® Dial N Spray®:
- Turn the dial on the sprayer to 2.5 oz.
- Pour desired amount of concentrate into the sprayer jar. (Use 2.5 fl. oz. of Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate + Crabgrass Control per gallon of water for every 400 sq. ft.)
- Turn the nozzle to the preferred spray pattern.
- Do NOT add water.
- Connect a garden hose to the sprayer.
- Turn on the water.
- Press and hold the trigger for a continuous spray.
- Apply evenly across the desired area.
- When the application is completed, pour any unused concentrate back into its original container.
Applying with a tank sprayer:
- Apply 2.5 fl. oz. of Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate + Crabgrass Control per one gallon of water for every 400 sq. ft.
Where to use
Use on established, residential lawns of Bermudagrass (common and hybrid), Zoysiagrass, Buffalograss, Kentucky bluegrass, Ryegrass (perennial and annual), Tall fescue, and Fine fescue.
Where not to use
Do not use on Bahiagrass, Bentgrass (colonial and creeping), Carpetgrass, Centipedegrass, Dichondra, Gardens (including vegetables, fruit trees, vines, and berries), Ornamental plants (flowers, trees, groundcovers, landscape beds and shrubs), Seashore Paspalum, St. Augustinegrass, and turfgrass species that are not listed on this label.
Do not spray the exposed roots of ornamentals and trees.
When to apply
- Apply in the spring before crabgrass is 4 inches tall or when crabgrass is first noticeable.
- Applications should be made when daytime temperatures are below 90°F (do not apply to Bermudagrass when it is above 85°F) and weeds are young and actively growing.
- For new lawns, apply only when grass has reached a height of at least 2 inches.
- Avoid applications during the spring transition of warm season grasses.
How often to apply
Certain hard-to-kill weeds may need to be spot treated 21 days after the initial application.
GRASS WEEDS: Crabgrass, large and smooth; Foxtail, green, yellow and giant Signalgrass, broadleaf.
BROADLEAF WEEDS: Annual yellow sweetdover, Aster, Austrian fieldcress; Bedstraw; Beggarticks; Betony, Florida; Bíndweed field; Bird vetch; Bitter wintercress; Bittercress, hairy, Bitterweed, Black-eyed Susan;Black medic Black mustard; Blackseed plantain; Blessed thistle; Blood flower milkweed; Blue lettuce; Blue venain; Bracted plantain; Brassbuttons; Bristly oxtongue; Broadleaf dock, Broadleaf plantain; Broomweed, Buckhorn; Buckhorn plantain; Bulbous buttercup; Bull thistle; Bullnettle; Burclover; Burdod Burning nettle; Burweed; Buttercup; Buttonweed; Canada thistle; Carolina geranium; Carpetweed; Catchweed bedstraw; Catnip; Catsear, Chickweed, common; Chickweed, mouseear; Chicory; Cinquefoil; Clover, crimson; Clover, hop; Cover, red; Cover, strawberry, Clover, sweet; Clover, white; Cockle, Cocklebur, Common mullein, Creeping Jenny (Creeping Charlie); Cudweed; Curly dock; Daisy, English; Daisy fleabane; Daisy, oxeye; Dandelion; Dichondra; Dogbane; Dogfennel; Dollarweed; False dandelion; False flag, False sunflower; Fiddleneck; Florida pusley, Frenchweed; Galinsoga; Goathead; Goldenrod; Ground ivy, Gumweed; Hairy fleabane; Hawkweed Healall, Heartleaf drymary, Heathaster, Hedge bindweed; Hedge mustard; Hemp; Henbit; Hoary cress; Hoary plantain; Hoary vervain; Horsenettle; Jimsonweed; Knawel; Knotweed; Kochia; Lambsquarters Lespedeza; Mallow; Matchweed; Mexicanweed; Milk vetch; Morningglory; Mouseear hawkweed; Mugwort: Musk thistle; Mustard; Narrowleaf plantain; Narrowleaf vetch;Nettle; Orange hawkweed; Oriental cocklebur, Oxalis; Parsley-piert, Parsnip; Peartwort; Pennycress; Pennywort; Peppergrass; Pepperweed; Pigweed; Pineywoods bedstraw; Plains coreopsis (tickseed); Plantain; Poison ivy; Poison oak; Pokeweed; Poorjoe; Prairie sunflower, Prickly lettuce; Prickly sida; Prostrate knotweed; Prostrate pigweed;
Prostrate spurge; Prostrate vervain; Puncturevine; Purslane, common; Ragweed; Red sorrel; Redroot pigweed; Redstem filaree; Rough cinquefoil, Rough fleabane; Russian pigweed; Russian thistle; Scarlet pimpernel; Scotch thistle; Sheep sorrel; Shepherd's purse; Slender plantain; Smallflower galinsoga; Smooth dock; Smooth pigweed; Sorrel; Sowthistle; Spanishneedles; Speedwell; Spiny amaranth; Spiny cocklebur; Spiny sowthistle; Spotted catsear, Spotted spurge; Spurweed; Stinging nettle; Strawberry, India mock; Tall nettle; Tall vervain; Tansy ragwort; Tansy mustard; Tanweed;Thistle; Trailing crownvetch; Tumble mustard; Tumble pigweed; Velvetleaf; Venice mallow; Virginia buttonweed; Virginia creeper; Virginia pepperweed; Wavyleaf bull thistle; Western clematis; Western salsify, White mustard; Wild aster; Wild buckwheat; Wild carrot; Wild four-o'clock; Wild garlic; Wild geranium; Wild lettuce; Wild marigold; Wild mustard; Wild onion; Wild parsnip; Wild radish; Wild rape; Wild strawberry; Wild sweet potato; Wild vetch; Wild violet; Woodsorrel; Woolly croton; Woolly morningglory; Woolly plantain; Wormseed; Yarrow; Yellow rocket; Yellowflower pepperweed.
To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface water. Applying in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems.
The use of this chemical in areas where soils are permeable, particularly where the water table is shallow, may result in groundwater contamination. Application around a cistern or well may result in contamination of drinking water or groundwater.
Covers up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- The maximum application rate of Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate + Crabgrass Control is 6.4 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. per application. Do not make more than 2 applications per year with the second application happening no sooner that 21 days after the first application. The maximum seasonal rate is 12.8 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- Users should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside, then wash thoroughly, and put on clean clothing. Remove PPE immediately after handling this product.
- Do not use clippings from the treated areas as mulch or compost around flowers, ornamentals, trees, or in vegetable gardens.
- It is the responsibility of the applicator to avoid spray drift at the application site. Do not allow herbicide solution to mist, drip, drift, or splash onto desirable broadleaf plants, as small amounts of this product can damage sensitive plants near the treatment area. If desirable plants are accidentally sprayed, immediately rinsing leaves with water may reduce or eliminate plant damage.
- An application to bermudagrass may cause temporary yellowing or discoloration but full recovery can be expected.
- Keep this container from freezing.
- This is a nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill.
- If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Kids & Pets
People and pets may reenter the treated area after it has dried.
Do not mow 2 days before and until 2 days after applying.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- When using this product, wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, socks, shoes, and rubber gloves.
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco.
- After using this product, rinse gloves before removing. Remove clothing, and launder separately before reuse. Promptly and thoroughly wash hands and exposed skin with soap and water. Remove saturated clothing as soon as possible and shower.
- Store this bottle in a secure, locked location.
Using with Other Products
Application can be made with an Ortho® Dial N Spray®.
If the lawn is dry, water 24 hours before applying. Do not water the lawn again until 24 hours after a treatment.
What to Expect
Kills weeds to the roots with results in just 1 application.
Rainproof in 1 hour.
Use 2.5 fl. oz. of Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate + Crabgrass Control per gallon of water for every 400 sq. ft.